Start of the selection of film projects for the pitching at Kharkiv MeetDoss Film Festival has been announced
Applications will be accepted from August 3 to October 1, 2020 inclusive. The selection progress will be announced on October 11.
Pitching of documentary full-length projects will be held in Kharkov for the third time. Usually, the organizers gave priority to the concepts of films highlighting the culture and life of the eastern regions of Ukraine. However, this year, the coronavirus epidemic and partial online performance (which means the opportunity to watch festival films on our website throughout Ukraine) have forced us to change focus and expand the topics of projects to be selected for the pitching. This time there will be topics and problems causing much concern to the whole world.
One-day intensive course from European and Ukrainian filmmakers producing annually several major film and television projects will precede the pitching. The workshops will be held in a mixed online and offline format.
Participants will be taught to present their project according to international standards within 10 minutes in front of a large audience. Separate lectures will be devoted to the funding search for the films production.
Projects of a full documentary meter (Ukraine or joint production) shall be accepted to participate in the competition.
Participants of the competition will present their projects to the public on the last Festival day, October 31 in Kharkiv. Representatives of Ukrainian and international film production will be brought there together. The winner of the competition will be determined by a highly professional jury, which will award the prize.
Projects allowed to participate in the pitching of films are as follows:
- projects at the stage of development;
- projects at the initial stage of production;
- authors of projects must provide a link to the teaser when applying.
Work in progress projects and projects at the post-production stage cannot participate in the pitching.
In order to submit your project to the third pitching of the Kharkiv Meet Docs Film Festival, you should:
- Fill in the application form on this page;
- Attach a synopsis of the film and a performer’s CV of the director and producer in the Word format to the application form;
- The Festival Organizing Committee will deliver its answer and all the details to the email address indicated in the application form until October 11 inclusive.
In the event of pick:
- Story outline and performer’s CV must be sent in two languages – Ukrainian and English;
- All necessary additional materials must be sent no later than October 20, 2020;
- The organizers invite the participants to become guests of the festival and undertake payments for the accommodation, train / bus tickets and accreditation for all events of the industrial section of the Festival;
- Command of English is desirable whereas some of the workshops will be held in English.