“Meet Kids” is a competition of videos with a duration of no more than 3 minutes, which were filmed by children and adolescents aged 8 to 16 years.
In 2020, the competition will be held in an online format. The videos will be posted on the official website of the film-festival. DEADLINE FO SUBMISSION: OCTOBER, 8
We encourage the youngest Ukrainians to be socially active. The priority topics of videos are civic activity, human rights, the environment, tolerance, and wildlife protection. Since the year 2020 was marked by the outbreak of a dangerous disease, COVID-19, we encourage young filmmakers to shoot videos about the pandemic as well.
- A child or a group of children should shoot the video personally, with a camera or mobile phone. Videos shot by parents or other people over 16 years old are not allowed to participate in the competition;
- The video should be made no earlier than July 1, 2019 at the time of work submission to the competition;
- Runtime – up to 3 minutes. Works with a duration of more than 3 minutes will not be accepted for participation in the competition.
How to participate:
- You should complete the application form for participation in the contest of children’s video MEET KIDS;
- Videos selected for participation in the competition will be available on the festival website from October 26
- The stream of participating films will start on October 26 and it will be available until October 28 inclusive. All video works submitted to the competition will be allowed to participate, both from children and adolescents aged 8-16 years old, and from creative groups, television and movie clubs;
- The winner will be determined by an audience vote, which will last from October 26 to 28. Each viewer has only one vote and can vote for one video. The winner of the audience vote will be identified according to the rating (the number of votes multiplied by the number of voters);
- A professional jury will determine the best author, or group of authors, of the best children’s social video. The jury will award their prize correspondingly.
- According to the results of the audience voting and the winner (s) of the jury prize, the best children’s video of the MEETKIDS contest will be announced on October 31, during the awards ceremony of the film festival.